Why join us?
In the 150 years since our foundation, Sir Robert McAlpine has worked on some of the country's most iconic buildings and projects. Our success through the decades has been down to our people - we're a family-owned business with a culture that brings out the best in individuals and teams.
Right now, we're excited about continuing our legacy. This is where to achieve more from your career, by proudly building Britain's future heritage with us.
The "Information Manager" role:
- A member of the project team reporting directly to the Project Manager, you will be responsible for the management and maintenance of all project related documentation, the set-up, structure and maintenance of the project common data environment (CDE) and the project shared drive.
- The role will require acting as the central point of contact in all matters in relation to the project information management process including providing training, support and ongoing communication with all members of the project team
- The role will focus on ensuring Document Management consistency across a live project, rigorously maintaining control and traceability of the documentation from project initiation, through to completion and hand over. The role will require drive to ensure that all required project documentation is uploaded in a timely manner and of the right format and in accordance to the requirements defined in the Information Management Review document (IMR).
- This will involve checking and approving documents to ensure correct naming convention prior to distribution, ongoing monitoring and governance of the file structure of the CDE and the project shared drive, monitoring document submission performance progress and providing feedback.
- Experience carrying out document control in a Common Data Environment
- Experience and proven ability to allocate and control document numbering systems for project work
- Ability to demonstrate excellent data-entry and document management skills
- Competent in MS Office applications including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Viewpoint for Projects software
- Knowledge and understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Previous experience working in the construction industry with a main contractor
- An understanding of the design and build process
We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.
We'd love you to join us in proudly building Britain's future heritage. Apply online now.
Sir Robert McAlpine is focused on being a truly inclusive employer.
- Department / Division:Building
- Vacancy Type:Permanent
25 Days Holiday
Buy / Sell up to 5 Days
Birthday Day Off
Enhanced Family Leave
SRM Pension Scheme
Retail and Trade Discounts
24 Hour Digital GP Service
Service Related Holiday
4 Volunteering Days